St Catherine's Pontypridd Web Parish

This is the web parish of St Catherine's Pontypridd. Regular members may apply to post here via our church website, and any friends and visitors may comment. We are here to worship God, to share our faith in Jesus, and to care for all in the power of the Spirit. Thanks for spending time with us!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Learning to Speak


At Passion For Your Name conference this week, I heard a terrific talk by evangelist J John. Somewhere in the middle of his forty minutes presentation he said something like this:

"If you want to learn to dive a car, you take lessons. If you want to learn a musical instrument, you take lessons. Why do we think it's different with God? If you want to learn to share your faith, take lessons!"

So: I think we need to take lessons. I'm looking into courses we can do, but also if any member of the church really enjoys telling people about Jesus, or thinks that faith sharing might be part of what you are good at, do let me know. We all need some skills, but I am hoping that a few people might see this as something they want to go much further with.

Let me know!

Marcus

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 23, 10:37:00 pm BST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also enjoyed J. John's presentation. Sharing faith I think is something that I personally have been able to do more comfortably recently - but I agree, as with anything else it gets easier with practice and lessons would be very useful.

    At the same conference Brother Andrew inspired me immensely. He talked about his work with churches in some of the most dangerous areas of the world, where Christians are persecuted because of their belief in Jesus. He started, (in my words),
    'How many of you have read the bible?' Everyone put their hands up.
    'No, how many of you have read the whole bible?' Very few people put their hands up.
    He said, (something like),
    'This is a love letter from God. You would devour every word of any other love letter written to you. You should read and devour every word of God's message to you.'

    I admired his directness and by the end of the hour appreciated that this directness and the straightforwardness of his faith had contributed to achieving all the amazing things that he has done so far in his life. I left the talk remembering his words,
    'Read the bible, pray, trust Jesus and have faith.' A good lesson for life I think.

    Kirsty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home